March 27, 2009

MetsGeek Fantasy Baseball League Draft Teleconference

For those Geeks that want to talk live for free during the draft on Sunday, I’m going to try to set up a teleconference through Skype so we can trash talk and belittle each other just like a draft is supposed work.  Here’s what you have to do:

Download Skype.  Easy enough. (www.skype.com)

Install Skype.  Duh.

Create a Skype account.

When all THAT is done, add me as a contact (lunkwillfook).

I will try to start the conference call about fifteen minutes ahead of the draft so we can get technicalities out of the way.  If you want to speed the process up, go ahead and tell me what your skype account name is here and I’ll add you ahead of time also.

Till then!

9 Responses to “MetsGeek Fantasy Baseball League Draft Teleconference”

1. Comment posted by Jessica on March 28, 2009 at 2:06 am (#942459)

Tech question:

My laptop doesn’t have a built-in microphone. I could plug in the mic/earbud combo that came with my iPhone, but that seems like it would be a pain in the ass for the length of time the draft will take. Any recommendations for a mic/headset/webcam/whatever that I can get when I go to Staples tomorrow, preferably under $50?

3. Comment posted by Lunkwill Fook on March 28, 2009 at 12:18 pm (#942470)

A cheap computer mic for under $50 shouldn’t be that hard.

For instance, Staples has this for $30.

You can actually also use standard microphones on your computer like this at Target.

5. Comment posted by Dep on March 29, 2009 at 10:00 am (#942501)

how the frak does the PS3 mic work???? i dont even get how you wear it hahahahaha

7. Comment posted by tim in St. Louis on March 29, 2009 at 10:13 am (#942502)

we doin video too? that dictates the pants quotient I will employ.

9. Comment posted by Dep on March 29, 2009 at 10:39 am (#942503)

i dont think you can do video with a whole bunch of ppl, not sure though

10. Comment posted by John on March 29, 2009 at 10:40 am (#942504)

I think Ill just use the iphone mic thingy lol

11. Comment posted by John on March 29, 2009 at 10:40 am (#942505)

I’ve not prepared at all for this draft

13. Comment posted by Lunkwill Fook on March 29, 2009 at 4:11 pm (#942516)

I don’t even know who’s still playing baseball. Is Rogers Hornsby still available?

I can’t do video myself as I don’t have a webcam.

15. Comment posted by TLC on March 29, 2009 at 5:10 pm (#942519)

I set up my acct! Yeah me!