November 3, 2008

by: Dep on Nov 3, 2008 5:23 PM | Filed under: Journals

FUCK!

12 Responses to “Still, GM Omar Minaya said, ‘Right now, I think Castillo is going to be our second baseman.’”

1. Comment posted by Danny on November 3, 2008 at 5:26 pm (#887832)

I’m focusing on the RIGHT NOW part of that quote.

It keeps me sane.

3. Comment posted by Dep on November 3, 2008 at 7:40 pm (#887887)

its our only hope.

but seriously, watching this turd man 2B for us in 2009 will be the easiest way to check out for the season.

Cant spell overrated with OMAR! (ha, maybe you can!) ;)

5. Comment posted by Dep on November 3, 2008 at 7:40 pm (#887888)

with/without whatever

7. Comment posted by MetsFanSince71 on November 3, 2008 at 8:24 pm (#887896)

‘Right now, I think Castillo is going to be our second baseman.’

Of course Omar is going to say that WHEN ASKED.

Do you really expect him to say – WHEN ASKED – that he’s doing everything he can to unload the guy?

9. Comment posted by Dep on November 3, 2008 at 8:56 pm (#887899)

i dont get why everyone assumes OMAR WANTS TO TRADE LUIS CASTILLO

maybe the mets do, but omar doesn’t. he’s the one who signed him to the megadeal, he’s the one who thinks he’s great (like brian schneider)

I shouldnt have to prove that Omar wants him to stay. ppl should have to prove to me that he wants him gone.

I know Jerry does. I think Son of Fred does too. but not omar

its like willie, everyone wanted him gone BUT OMAR. whooo omar nailed that one too.

2009! CAN YOU FEELZ IT!??!!??!

10. Comment posted by Ed in Westchester 2 on November 3, 2008 at 9:26 pm (#887909)

Lol dep.
    Loving the lack of filter.

All castillo and no trade makes dep something something.
    All castillo and no trade makes dep something something.
    All castillo and no trade makes dep something something.
    All castillo and no trade makes dep something something.

12. Comment posted by MetsFanSince71 on November 3, 2008 at 9:40 pm (#887916)

ppl should have to prove to me that he wants him gone.

But that’s impossible to prove at this point, Dep!
    I mean, can we call and ask Omar to tell us either way?
    He’s NOT going to make a public statement saying he wants him gone.
    What GM in history has ever done that?

All I can say is that Omar also once said, “Willie is my manager….right now” :)

13. Comment posted by Ed in Westchester 2 on November 4, 2008 at 9:00 am (#888013)

And if he had a bunny named Luis Castillo, well, he wouldn’t have that bunny very long, lets put it that way.

lo, dep.

:heats pot of boiling water on stove:

15. Comment posted by Dep on November 4, 2008 at 10:27 am (#888068)

now yes, its all very true this could be a smokescreen and its impossible to prove anything about omar’s motivations, 100% agree.

but i dont likey hearing this shit:

Minaya indicated he has no plans to search for a new second baseman, with Luis Castillo under contract for three more years. Minaya said Castillo didn’t arrive at spring training in the “best possible” shape last season.

17. Comment posted by Simons on November 6, 2008 at 1:34 am (#890258)

You can’t spell overrate ’em without Omar …. or vet for that matter

18. Comment posted by Athena on November 9, 2008 at 11:09 pm (#891956)

You can’t spell overrate ‘em without Omar

Clever, Simons!

19. Comment posted by JamesSC on November 11, 2008 at 12:10 pm (#892528)

I think we all agree that the Castillo signing was a bad deal by Omar, but expecting Omar to be able to turn him into something with that deal is unlikely. I hope Omar can do something about it, but honestly that is the least of my problems. If we solve the bullpen and get a quality starter in our rotation, then I could care less if Castillo is manning 2nd.