October 24, 2008

Geek Off-Season Social Activities
by: Jessica on Oct 24, 2008 7:16 AM | Filed under: Journals

I know we’ve tossed around the idea of having some sort of NYC-area get-together over the winter, and I figured we should have a place to discuss potential plans. The last time this discussion came up, some of the ideas thrown out there were karaoke or going to a bar for trivia. Other ideas? Possible venues? Here would be a good place to share ’em.

7 Responses to “Geek Off-Season Social Activities”

1. Comment posted by sweetlew on October 24, 2008 at 3:48 pm (#883998)

I don;t care because I probably can’t make it, but if you plan something cool, I will try!

2. Comment posted by Athena on October 27, 2008 at 3:29 pm (#884522)

Thanks for posting this, Jessica. It a good idea to have a central place to discuss preferences and timing.

I would suggest that we think of another mid-town bar*, to make things easier for the commuters. We can always have a later-in-the-evening secondary plan for everyone hanging out late.

*or the same one!

3. Comment posted by Ed in Westchester 2 on October 30, 2008 at 9:26 am (#886048)

Aww, Athena being nice to us commuters.

I’m in so long as it is during the week (like a Friday). Saturdays are hard for me.

5. Comment posted by Jessica on November 2, 2008 at 4:20 pm (#887403)

Count me in on the Friday night plan – it’s much easier for me to go out when I don’t have to work the next day.

7. Comment posted by PHL on November 4, 2008 at 12:17 pm (#888293)

I’m up for, ya know, whatever.

8. Comment posted by BOB A. BOOEY on November 5, 2008 at 7:42 pm (#890158)

I am up for whatever that bar was good close to metro north for lippy/ ed etc ,,,,,trivia would be fun also ,,,,,, aarrghhh i am so sick of working for the man !!!@$#%!#$^

10. Comment posted by Jessica on November 9, 2008 at 2:20 pm (#891687)

If we want karaoke, I found a place pretty close to Grand Central (45th and 2nd) that has it every Friday night: