July 25, 2008

MetsGeek Sub-Header…Do we still suck?
by: Dep on Jul 25, 2008 10:46 AM | Filed under: Journals

Ok….so the sub-header to this site has bothered me for a while, even when the mets really did suck.
I think the boys have shown a lot of heart and GRIT and dont deserve to be labelled as a team that sucks anymore by their own fanbase. I know it all started as a joke and it relates to the whole RaysGeek thing, but i think that’s long over with and its time to move on.

I am starting a movement to change the sub-header to something else.

I’m curious what other folks think, i know people are going to play the why mess with it, its working card and all that. Please……we lost plenty of games under this banner too and no one seemed to blame it for the losses, so it has nothing to do with the wins neither.

Now that said, if the majority of folks (or the head geeks) dont wanna change it, that’s fine. I’ll let the issue die and deal with it and that’s that. But I’m taking a shot!
Let me know what y’all think!

Some possible ideas:

“Maybe they don’t suck as bad as we thought…..” (something to continue to play on the “sucking” theme)

BCuster came up with a fabulous idea to change the sub-heading to something that is a memorial for Woody/Pat. “Do it for Woody/Do it for Pat” or something to that effect.

I’m curious to hear other’s opinions. have at it.

17 Responses to “MetsGeek Sub-Header…Do we still suck?”

1. Comment posted by Ed in Westchester 2.0 is an optimistic yahoo on July 25, 2008 at 10:56 am (#780142)

SUCK THE LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Comment posted by Ed in Westchester 2.0 is an optimistic yahoo on July 25, 2008 at 10:56 am (#780143)

seriously though, bcuster had a great idea.

I vote for that if a change is made.

4. Comment posted by Dep on July 25, 2008 at 10:56 am (#780144)

oh shit, i didnt even think of that.

something playing off that is clearly my vote.

6. Comment posted by Dep on July 25, 2008 at 10:57 am (#780145)

yes, the woody memorial trumps all. if the head geeks want to do that, it is what we should do.

7. Comment posted by sheadenizen on July 25, 2008 at 11:17 am (#780163)

I’ve become quite fond of “suck the least,” but would certainly be in a favor of line memorializing Wood! I’ll go with the majority rulz!

8. Comment posted by mookie03 on July 25, 2008 at 11:22 am (#780169)

can we have two subheadings?

Suck the least and do it for pat would both be great. Not sure we can combine the two.

10. Comment posted by Confused on July 25, 2008 at 11:51 am (#780244)

we worked out asses off and we will continue to work our asses off.

12. Comment posted by Eric Simon on July 26, 2008 at 10:38 am (#781479)

I’m up for whatever, though superstitious folks might object to changing the name now that things are going so well.

13. Comment posted by §Ø©ª£ μΣŦƒдⁿ on July 26, 2008 at 4:24 pm (#781746)

“Suck the least….for Pat!”

Hmmmmm.

15. Comment posted by MetsFanSince71 on July 27, 2008 at 8:02 am (#782431)

I had no idea that Dep liked bunnies!!

And apparently (since he listed it first), he likes bunnies more than the Mets!

16. Comment posted by lucienlc on July 28, 2008 at 8:56 am (#783637)

How about, one for Wood, and (for the superstitious among us):

Because the Mets still suck… NOT.

17. Comment posted by argonbunnies on July 29, 2008 at 3:40 pm (#785735)

“Because the Rays bandwagon got too crowded”?

Just kidding. I actually like Lucien’s.

19. Comment posted by Lunkwill Fook on July 30, 2008 at 12:22 am (#786848)

I, personally, continue to suck even if the Mets do not.

20. Comment posted by fatt lipp on August 1, 2008 at 8:17 am (#789849)

Not even up for debate. SUCK THE LEAST. Period.

21. Comment posted by NjManuelFan on August 2, 2008 at 7:57 am (#790809)

Because Willie made us Suck

22. Comment posted by §Ø©ª£ μΣŦƒдⁿ on August 3, 2008 at 6:36 pm (#792212)

We gotta go back to RaysGeek.

23. Comment posted by D in ben lomond on August 18, 2008 at 3:00 am (#808335)

how about “where we don’t sell car insurance”?